Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chapter 5: Integrating Digital Media and Educational Software Applications

Chapter 5, "Integrating Digital Media and Educational Software Applications," covers a lot of things that I found to be very interesting. I liked this chapter a bit better than the previous because I felt it applied more to what we do every day. From Power Point presentations that use animation and audio to online newspapers to check-in kiosks at the airport, we use digital media each day. Although I felt that the way the book talked about each of these concepts was a bit monotonous because most people are so familiar with them, it was a good overview and reminder about what has become so omnipresent in our society.

I thought that our work with Wikis was very helpful. I think this would be very helpful once I become a teacher for my students to use. When students are to work in groups together on projects, it would be great for them to have one place where they can all edit and add to plan their presentation. Something like this seems like it would be able to work well with almost any curriculum. Hopefully I'll be able to remember how to do it once I finally get my own class!

I've finally started doing some of my service learning in a real classroom setting, instead of the 21st Century programs. It has been great to get in there and really see what it's like... I have to say though, I think those middle schooler's might give me a run for my money, haha. I'm scheduled to observe high school Geometry tomorrow at FSUS, so hopefully that will be exciting! :)

No comments: